membershipPi Nu Chapter
so you want to be a member
of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, “a Que”, “an Omega Man”
Psalm 37:23 states “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord; and he delighteth in his way.” Omega can be your chosen way of life if you choose – if you desire to be a cut above the rest!
The fraternity’s founders were men whose steps were ordered by the Lord because “Omega” is the conclusion or culmination of a successful journey that many men chose as a way of life.
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity is a professional organization of educated men with similar ideas and like attainments. The fraternity’s founders chose Manhood, Scholarship, Perseverance and Uplift as the cardinal principles that every prospective candidate must possess.
Our fraternity’s motto is “Friendship Is Essential To The Soul”.
Since the birth of the organization, Omega has and will continue to impact the world in every profession and all walks of life.
Candidates must exhibit the qualities of the Fraternity’s Four Cardinal Principles
Being appropriate in character and marked by moral excellence, courage; bravery; and resolve.
Demonstrating an attitude toward education, learning and being informed by achieving or exceeding and maintaining the minimum educational requirements of the fraternity.
Exhibiting a “spirit” of brotherhood, togetherness, humility, cooperation, and a willingness to go an extra mile for the goal sought, as a responsible first-class citizen. This can be demonstrated by presenting obstacles overcome, awards received and honors issued.
Sharing ones gifts with the community in the form verifiable aid, activism and leadership.
- Be enrolled as a current full-time student in an accredited four (4) year college that is in good standing.
- Possess a cumulative GPA of 2.5(in a 4.0 system, or equivalent in a different system).
- Have completed at least 36 semester credit hours in a standard semester system (Quarter system requires 56 credits).
- Submit five (5) letters of recommendation, of which Two (2) from financial members of Omega Psi Phi chapter through which he is seeking membership and three (3) from members in good standing of the community.
- Submit a Medical Consent and Release (Form 89) from a licensed physician taken within the last ninety (90) days.Parent/Guardian signature is required for candidates under 18 years of age.
- Complete an Application for Membership – Form 9A
- Sign and notarize all required documents
- Turn the application in to your Membership Selection Process (MSP) Coordinator
- Have verifiable school participation in extracurricular activities, community involvement, and campus organizations.
- Must have minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University. Note: If the candidate graduated from a university, which has an active chapter of Omega Psi Phi, they must wait 48 months after graduation before applying for membership.
- Must provide at least five (5) letters of recommendation. Two (2) from financial members of Omega Psi Phi chapter through which he is seeking membership and three (3) from members in good standing of the community.
- Must be sponsored by a member of the Chapter to which he is applying through the submission of a Nomination Form.
- Must have verifiable community participation and activism, church involvement, and leadership experience.
Because the fraternity emphasizes the selection of men of the highest caliber, you will be interviewed by the local Membership Selection Team. The Membership Selection Team will notify you of the results of your application for candidacy after all interviews have been conducted. The fraternity will perform a criminal background check to ensure that we are selecting men that are of the highest integrity. Note: submission to polygraph may also be required
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. takes pride in fulfilling its commitment to service, humanity, and to our mandated programs.